|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
||Nevada||Como and Palmyra|
Como was founded in 1863 in the Palmyra mining district and is now a ghost town.
The Como and Palmyra Water Company was incorporated in 1863 by J.B. Belliard, H.C. Smith, T.W. McDonough and J.J. Macnish "for the urpose of supplying the towns of Como and Palmyra and the adjacent country with water." No evidence has been found that this company built anything.
1863 Certificate of Incorporation of the Como and Palmyra Water Company. October 3, 1863.
1866 Map of the State of Nevada, U.S. General Land Office. Shows location of Como in Lyon County.
© 2017 Morris A. Pierce