|Introduction||Historical Background||Chronology||Geography||Biography||Technology||Ownership and Financing||General Bibliography|
|Middle Atlantic States||New York||Williamsville|
Williamsville was settled around 1811.
The Williamsville Water Company was incorporated in 1838 by John Hutchinson, Job Bestow and William Horner "for the purpose of supplying the inhabitants of Williamsville, in the county of Erie, with pure and wholesome water." No evidence has been found that this company built a system.
The Village of Williamsville built a water system in 1895 that officially began service on May 1, 1896, but was used to suppress a fire on December 13, 1895. The system pumped spring water into a standpipe.
The Village contracted with the Erie County Water authority in 2002 to provide bulk water service, and transferred the system to the water authority on June 18, 2014.
Water service is provided by the Erie County Water Authority.
1838 An act to incorporate the Williamsville Water Company. April 18, 1838.
1897 "Williamsville," from Manual of American Water Works, Volume 4.
2014 Williamsville Consolidates Water System with ECWA, June 18, 2014.
Bucket Brigade to Today: Fire Protection in Williamsville,"
Hutchinson Hose Company, Williamsville Fire Department
© 2015 Morris A. Pierce